Sunday, March 06, 2005

Dialogue

Opportunity is often missed
because it is dressed in overalls
and looks like work.
Who said that?
Mr. Thomas Edison.
Smart guy.
Indeed.
Sounds good, but who
wants to work?
So you can learn.
I hate learning.
Learning means grades.
What does this have to do with life?
Learning isn't about grades.
Learning is about thinking for yourself,
so NOBODY
can pull the wool over your eyes.
You don't want to be fooled?
You gotta learn, buddy.
Forget the grades, forget the assignments,
find something that interests you....
and soak it up.
Ha. Yea. My parents care about the grades.
Have fun with learning, and the grades will follow;
never confuse the importance of the two.
I can't wait until school is over.
School is never over. Learning never quits.
Learning is a lifelong process.
You're the teacher; you get to assign stuff,
but you don't have to do it. Of course you say that.
I'm the teacher. I learn your stuff, plus more.
I'm the teacher, but more importantly,
I'm a learner. I'm a lover of learning.
Cheesy.
True, though. To both.
Take your energy--
all this energy you expend
on trying NOT to learn--
and apply it toward something.
See what happens.
Whatever.
You might be surprised.
We'll see.
We will. Oh, and --?
Yea?
That thing you were just doing?
That thinking?
That arguing?
Yea?
Learning. And not to worry,
because
"a mind once stretched with new ideas
will never return to its original size."
Who said that?
Someone wise.
Smart guy.
Indeed.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home