Thursday, March 03, 2005

To my seniors

Last game,
shot, cheer,
chant, play,
swing, block;
Last lunch,
laugh, prank,
pizza, meeting,
group, plot.
Last class,
test--sweet--
report, speech,
project, book,
grade.
Last cheer,
flip, chair,
clap, hands up
in the air.
Last hall walk,
finger snap,
study group,
morning meeting
just to catch up
on what happened
the few hours between
yesterday and today.
A lot of lasts--
sweet and sour--
mixed emotions.
Will I see them?
What will happen?
Is high school really
the best years of my life?

I can’t beat this

I can’t wait to start over
If so, what's next?
What road?
What path?
What career?
Do I care?
I will miss this;
this is important.

It’s familiar.
Yet--
what if--
what if
this series of lasts
full of memories,
of tears,
of trials and triumphs--
what if
this series of lasts simply

marks the beginning
of more amazing,

more fresh,

more exciting
firsts?


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that poem. You are so very talented.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home