Sunday, April 03, 2005

Shaping, molding, making, dreaming

Tomorrow I go back--
back to my kids.
What did you learn,
my kids,
over break? What did
God
teach you?
And in my heart, I will know
I learned what a friend is...all over again.
I learned that life never stays the same.
I learned that with prayer and with the saints,
we can handle anything on this rocky of road of life.
I learned that communication is everything.
I learned that a true friend--a kindred spirit--
comes in all forms and sometimes comes in a form
(or stays in a form) you didn't quite expect.
I learned that God has blessed my life in ways even unknown to me.
I learned that the benefit of a good conversation with a dear friend,
a hurt friend, and long time friend, or a new friend
is immeasurable.
I learned how important it is to follow God's leading--
even in little things like making a phone call--
even when you are uncertain how it will turn out.
I learned that God takes all things and can make them good.
I learned that the sky truly is a sphere (and you can see it, too)!
I learned that November was bliss, but so is April.
I learned that memories last a lifetime, and talking about them is even better. :-)
I learned that a friendship founded on God withstands all trials through the months, though the years.
I learned that a good talk, a good cry, a good laugh can all be comfortable and healing.
I learned that painting sheets with your feet is therepeutic, and
I learned that painting them with a trusted friend makes it even more therepeutic.
I learned that Veggie Tales has a cool grammar song. I is a pronoun. So is you.
I learned that Rockabellys is the best restaurant in the entire world (oh wait--already knew that).
I learned that surrender to God never fails, even though it sometimes hurts.
I learned that surrender to God sometimes hurts, but is the best hurt known to man,
and I relish it.
I learned that I cannot and will not sit idly by while my kids or beloved friends and family members walk their lives straight into hell and convince themselves it's all okay. I will NOT.
I learned that God works even when we don't.
I learned that God pursues even when we run.
I learned that God mends broken pieces sometimes even before they're broken.
I learned...God is the healer of dreams; it's just sometimes the dreams are so big and so awesome that it takes Him many years to shape them, fix them, mold them, make them. But he does, and we cannot fathom it until years later when we suddenly understand and see the masterpiece.
I learned.....that we never stop learning
in school,
in life,
in Christ.
Welcome back, kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home