It's like he's my own
I believe I shall cry
if he fails.
I believe I might scream
if he fails.
I know I will hurt
if he fails.
He reached today--
he seems to care.
He wants the help,
and I want to help.
We will go...
baby steps lead to kid steps,
and all we need are kid steps here.
He can make it.
I know it--
I know it.
But will he?
Will he choose to apply?
Will he choose to try?
Or will he shut down?
If he passes,
my world will spin
from the party it throws.
But I believe I will cry
if he doesn't try.
if he fails.
I believe I might scream
if he fails.
I know I will hurt
if he fails.
He reached today--
he seems to care.
He wants the help,
and I want to help.
We will go...
baby steps lead to kid steps,
and all we need are kid steps here.
He can make it.
I know it--
I know it.
But will he?
Will he choose to apply?
Will he choose to try?
Or will he shut down?
If he passes,
my world will spin
from the party it throws.
But I believe I will cry
if he doesn't try.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home