Awake
I should be sleeping, but instead I lie awake,
thinking, pondering.
How is it that I should be so blessed?
How is it?
I have a passion. I teach.
How is it that I am granted permission
from the God who created me
to carry out day by day my passion
in my profession?
How is it?
How is it that in spite of all my doubts,
God has placed students in the right place at the right time--
a way to whisper
This is it. This is right. Right where I want you. Press on.
How is it?
As the school year wraps up and a deep
into-the-heart, wrapping-my-being burden, concern, and
longing for my kids takes over,
how is it that God should send just one back...
...just one to meet weekly to remind me of charity?
To remind me of vision? To remind me of Him?
And one came back to say, "Thank you." I get it now.
How is it?
And just as school is done and I start to wonder what God wants to do with me this summer,
how is it that my youngest brother
becomes one of my dearest friends,
and suddenly so much makes sense?
How is it?
Why me?
How is it that I am so blessed?
thinking, pondering.
How is it that I should be so blessed?
How is it?
I have a passion. I teach.
How is it that I am granted permission
from the God who created me
to carry out day by day my passion
in my profession?
How is it?
How is it that in spite of all my doubts,
God has placed students in the right place at the right time--
a way to whisper
This is it. This is right. Right where I want you. Press on.
How is it?
As the school year wraps up and a deep
into-the-heart, wrapping-my-being burden, concern, and
longing for my kids takes over,
how is it that God should send just one back...
...just one to meet weekly to remind me of charity?
To remind me of vision? To remind me of Him?
And one came back to say, "Thank you." I get it now.
How is it?
And just as school is done and I start to wonder what God wants to do with me this summer,
how is it that my youngest brother
becomes one of my dearest friends,
and suddenly so much makes sense?
How is it?
Why me?
How is it that I am so blessed?
"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home