And one said thanks
Not in so many words,
but actions say it all.
All day long,
the sun beating my back,
my arms, my face,
sweat dripping,
I cheer.
5 hours of the boys
twisting my stomach,
grabbing my heart,
making me smile and scream and yell
even in the heat.
One game down.
You stayin' for the second, teach?
Like I would miss it.
These are my kids;
I don't want to miss a single victory.
Mercy.
Hands slap, fingers grasp, cheers fly, and then
You won the championship! Makes me proud!
We wouldn't have won if you weren't here.
Really, baseball is supersitious.
Anything for my favorite English teacher
(you mean that?!? Doesn't matter, anyway)
You really are our #1 fan.
No English final since we won! YEAH--
(sorry, boys; you wish);
Aw, c'mon, give me a hug, teach.
So they don't say thanks.
They don't say it's been a good semester...
but they do.
A high five? A grin? A hug?
Gladly.
Willingly.
You have no idea
how much I love you.
but actions say it all.
All day long,
the sun beating my back,
my arms, my face,
sweat dripping,
I cheer.
5 hours of the boys
twisting my stomach,
grabbing my heart,
making me smile and scream and yell
even in the heat.
One game down.
You stayin' for the second, teach?
Like I would miss it.
These are my kids;
I don't want to miss a single victory.
Mercy.
Hands slap, fingers grasp, cheers fly, and then
You won the championship! Makes me proud!
We wouldn't have won if you weren't here.
Really, baseball is supersitious.
Anything for my favorite English teacher
(you mean that?!? Doesn't matter, anyway)
You really are our #1 fan.
No English final since we won! YEAH--
(sorry, boys; you wish);
Aw, c'mon, give me a hug, teach.
So they don't say thanks.
They don't say it's been a good semester...
but they do.
A high five? A grin? A hug?
Gladly.
Willingly.
You have no idea
how much I love you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home