Proverbs 25:11
A word fitly
spoken
is like apples
of gold
in pictures
of silver.
spoken
is like apples
of gold
in pictures
of silver.
Persist, v.i [L.persisto; per and sisto, to stand or be fixed] To continue steadily and firmly in the pursuit of any business or course commenced; to persevere.
2 Comments:
This is beautiful!
This IS beautiful--and straight from scripture. The only credit I can take for it is the line breaks--which is nothing. :-)
Last Sunday Dwight preached on Proverbs, and this verse hit me so intensely. I thought to myself, "That is poetry in its purest form." Leave it to God to create all things in their purest forms. :-) It's my new favorite verse, both because the language is beautiful, the images are beautiful, and the meaning is a necessary reminder for me to think (and often pray) before I speak.
Love ya, Tam!
Post a Comment
<< Home